Memorial Day weekend was quiet for us - we didn't do anything big all weekend. On Monday, we had tickets to the Cardinals game and we took Gavin as it was a 3 o'clock game. The minute we arrived the dark clouds rolled in and the winds picked up. We left moments before the monsoon, drove to a pizza/entertainment place to ride out the rain and then headed back to the stadium. Gavin noticed the baseball on the field, but really didn't care much for the game. He instead preferred to play with his seat (up, down, up, down) and eat snacks. When we were leaving the first time, there was a man on a motorized scooter near the exit and Gavin asked to go see it. I told him we were trying to beat the rain, we were in a hurry. He pulled on my hand to make me stop and informed me that we could just LOOK at it. He was right of course, so we headed over and I explained to the man that Gavin was fascinated with his scooter. He was nice and said his grandkids were the same way. So I told Gavin to say Thank You and we would be on our way. Gavin decided to tell the man to "Get off" the scooter instead. We quickly said good bye at that and walked away!




At the pizza place they had an inside go-kart track. Gavin LOVED it!

Who doesn't remember the joy of hot summer days and running through the sprinkler? He was soaked!



I'm in an investment club with 10 other girls and we meet once a month to socialize, have dinner and manage our stock portfolio when we have time! At Christmas this past year, we decided to do something in the community and we decided to make dinner for one of the Ronald McDonald Houses in St. Louis. So Wednesday night, we make a feast of Pork Loin, Mac & Cheese, Green Bean Casserole, Salad, homemade rolls and many desserts for the families who were staying at the house. We all had a great time and it was nice to get to do something for those families who are having a rough time right now. Most of the families we talked to had NICU babies and live too far away to be able to commute back and forth to the hospital. All of us in the investment club have kids, so it was a perfect fit for us to help out in some small way. I think we all agreed we'd like to do it again! They are building a brand new house on the campus of St. John's hospital where Gavin was in the NICU, so maybe our next feast will be for those families!


I'm still waiting for June 15th to find out if I have a job. I'm neither convinced I'm staying or convinced I'm going, so hopefully I won't be shocked when I get the news. They announced many of the home office lay offs today and I know of at least one person that was let go that I liked and knew well. Your heart sinks when you hear the news.
On the pregnancy front - three rounds of drugs have not worked. On to the next step, which unfortunately involves clomid again. I had asked to try without clomid and we did, but it didn't work. Clomid increases your chance of multiples (as does PCOS), so the possibility is there no matter what, and it makes me nervous. But, I'm 37 and my eggs aren't getting any younger so if I want Gavin to have sibling, this is the next logical step. IVF is looming as a possibility, but starting with less invasive techniques seems to be the logical thing to do. They actually gave me statistics today that in my situation, with the number of follicles I have along with my age, the chance of pregnancy is 18.5%. Of that 18.5%, chance of twins is 14% and triplets is 2%. Not great odds by any stretch. So here we go again...
No comments:
Post a Comment